New mash tun is live!

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:02:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I scoured the inside of the keg with oxyclean, but internet research
> confirmed my suspicions; I'm going to need something stronger (a la
> Barkeeper's Friend) to take care of the crustules (aka "beerstone," or
> calcium oxalate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_oxalate) that
> remain on the inside surface of the keg. I'll acquire some this week if I
> have time, but I'm now going full-bore on a paper. But once the keggle is
> sanitary we'll be in full 10-gallon operation, so if anyone else can
> acquire some Barkeeper's Friend and scour the keggle clean this week, it'll
> get us in a position to make a huge batch of beer for solstice!

I shipped a thing of Barkeeper's Friend to Evergreen with the magic of
Amazon Prime. Should get there Wednesday. If I'm on schedule, I'll come by
Thursday and clean the keggle; if you want to brew or bottle at the same
time I'll be happy to help. (But if and only if I'm on-schedule with the
paper--it's due Sunday, so I need to be damned sure I can spare the time. :)