Attn. Clinton Ebadi

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sun Mar 18 15:32:00 EDT 2012

Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:

> I have. I recommend at a minimum increasing the temperature a few degrees to
> ensure that the saison doesn't get damped down. You'll ignore this as you do
> everything else I recommend, but you're the one who congratulated Rachel on her
> willingness to experiment. Keeping the temperature down will minimize that
> experiment.

Read. What. I. Wrote.

It is at the correct temperature.

Also, beer *can* be ruined at the end. Bpt's beer still has a 3" krausen
so the yeast are very much active; a significant temperature shift (I
think 12 degrees in a 36 hour period counts) can lead to stressed yeast
and solventy/metallic off-flavors being formed.

When given the option between risking ruining a beer that is close to
completion and the Saison having an acceptable but perhaps less funky
phenol profile... it's at 71F anyway.

--
Mike: I WAS NOT MICROWAVED.