Supply Requisition Form

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 23:39:31 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:

> Dear Steve,
>
> To brew the Brown Ale I require:
>
>  * 8.5lbs US 2-row
>  * 12 oz Chocolate Malt (UK, the Internet says it might matter due to
>                         different extraction potentials vs US!)
>  * 4oz Crystal 40L
>  * 4oz Crystal 60L
>
>  * packet of Kent Goldings
>  * Wyeast Ringwood Ale
>
> Also we are basically out of bottle caps and so ... lots and lots of
> caps in a variety of colors (anything but plain brass ... red, green,
> black, silver, white...). Something like $10 worth seems like a good
> bet.
>
> Our vinyl hosing is getting hosed again, so if you could fetch another
> 15' that'd be awesome. We'll cut it to size as needed here.

5/16 inner diameter, right?

> Can you bring your autosiphon and small wine thief? I'll be figuring out
> some hot liquor collection stuff soon and will acquire my own autosiphon
> but am not /quite/ financially ready for that +$12 hit :( (gotta get
> supplies to start my seedlings and gardening crap this billing cycle!
> NATURE IS WORKING AGAINST ME).
>
> I am also potentially interested in acquiring a can of Blackberry
> puree. Call me when you get to the brew store and I can confirm... (more
> cider!)
>
> YET ANOTHER TASK: can you see if they still have used malt drums / see
> if the lids are locking? Pix if possible kthx. I need a soil tumbling
> device to blend together my used dirt and compost and whatever so that I
> can grow food.
>
> p.s. remind me to add the buffer 5.2 and also to check the pH AT ROOM
> TEMP (fun fact: the 5.2ish target pH is at room temp, and at mash temp
> is something like 0.3-0.5 lower ... that explains that then!).

According to Palmer, we are already using numbers that are useful for
measuring at mash temp. I wouldn't sweat it. We could reserve a small
sample to test at room temp and note the difference--it'd be good
experimental data, and worth doing as it's trivial to accomplish.

Roger on the other fronts; will call at the brew store.

Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>
| elvestinkle @ twitter
| pursuing.calefaction.org

Etsi provectus in sententiis sis