[Calefaction Wiki] Update of "HomeBrewing/Ingredients" by SteveKillen

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:45:30 EST 2011

Yeah, I'm going to look around for a spicier recipe to complement the yeast.
But worst case it looks nice and simple, and could even serve to showcase it
for eggs like me :)

--
Steve Killen
| elvestinkle @ twitter
| pursuing.calefaction.org

etsi provectus in sententiis sis
esse parvulus in spiritus debes

On Jan 19, 2011 3:18 PM, "Clinton Ebadi" <clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:

Calefaction Wiki <noreply at calefaction.org> writes:

> The "HomeBrewing/Ingredients" page has been ch...
Don't worry about the wet t-shirt not being able to handle it, I am
pretty sure it can. The closet keeps an ambient 66-68F, and with the fan
on high I was able to e.g. cool the black porter from 90F to 70F in ~2
hours... that's a lot of heat transfer power. With the ice water bucket
I bet we can get the wort down to 60F before pitching too (the water was
still ice cold when I cut mine off at 74F).

I guess you could make a spicy Wit, but we do have pretty severe
steeping equipment issues making dealing with the flaked wheat and such
difficult. It might be worth getting a small cooler because the oven
will probably be out of commission for a very long time.

--
clinton: last time I was a bit weak (*sniff* level four and only 18 hp)
clinton: I had a -1 intelligence modifier for the first three weeks