[Hcoop-misc] Olive oil

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Apr 27 17:28:54 EDT 2006

Terrence Brannon wrote:
> On 4/27/06, Nathan Kennedy <ntk at hcoop.net> wrote:
>

>> If any of you want to go in on a case with me, even just one bottle,
>> send me an email--I will ship them to you at cost ($11.67 each,
>> half-liter bottles) plus shipping/packing.  I want at least 2 for
>> myself, and I will get a case if others will buy at least 5 total.  If I
>> don't have any response within a week I'll just suck it and buy a 3-pack.
>>

> odd synchronicity to this post. I was reading on Edgar Cayce's 3-day apple fast:
> http://www.ehow.com/how_12675_apple-cleansing-fast.html
>
> and he recommends some olive oil on day 4 of the fast to aid elimination.
>
> Just a little bit of associative conversation making. Good luck on
> finding some people to go with you.
>
> I'm assuming it's a cold-pressed raw product.
 From the back of my (empty) bottle:

HOLY LAND OLIVE OIL

EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL

First Cold Press

"If the olive trees knew the hands that planted thtem, their oil would
have become tears..."

This saying, attributed to a Palestinian poet, highlights the
Palestinians' deeply held emotional connection to olive trees and the
land.  Some of the olive trees where this oil comes from are over 2000
years old--giving this oil a unique link to the ancient Mediterranean
and its history.

Palestinian farmers have traditionally hand-picked their olives, which
they acre for without the use of chemicals or pesticides.  This oil was
produced by the Organic Olive Oil Farmers Collaborative in the
Tulkarem/Qalqilia region in the northern West Bank.  It is characterized
by its distinct personality, robust aroma and flavor.

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each bottle benefits charity
and the work for peace.  For aditional information please visit our
website at www.palestineoliveoil.org

----
Also, although it was a previous batch, I can personally vouch that this
is a damn fine-tasting olive oil, and everyone I've shared it with has
said the same thing.  Terrence if you want to give it a try I advise you
to email me soon, since this is a very small brand with extremely
limited availability, and in the unlikely event you do find it, it will
definitely cost you more than $11.67 unless you buy a whole case for
yourself.  I'm probably not gonna be doing this again, since I'm not
doing it for charity, I just want to get my hands on some oil for
myself, so it's first-come first-served.

-ntk