[HCoop-Help] unable to ssh into my account

anil anil at hcoop.net
Wed Nov 20 23:34:45 EST 2013

On 2013-11-21 06:29, Clinton Ebadi wrote:
> The reason this happened is stupid... someone ran shred on files in afs
> (machine was too locked up to figure out who it was, but please don't
> do
> that kthx) which led to the openafs daemon croaking under the
> load.

FWIW, I had run 'shred' on a file on Nov 4 when on logged in on bog
(force of habit). It had (I
suppose) locked up my session enough for me to disconnect it. Since it
was back in some time
and letting me in again I did not bother to report it. If that shred
caused the fire, I'm
sorry. It won't happen again.

- Anil.