[HCoop-Help] Pointer to SpamAssassin training

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Fri Jan 15 08:46:34 EST 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:23:20 -0500
Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:

> Jesse Shumway wrote:
> > Strangely the above convention appears to be contradicted by the
> > FeedingSpamAssassin wiki page which says that
> >      SHAREDDIR=/etc/spamassassin/Maildir/.SiteSpam/cur
> > is where I should manually serve my spam. But there's no /etc/*spam*
> > on mire. Hmmm, looks to me like the wiki page might be a tad behind
> > the times. Chasing this down a little furhter
> > What am I missing here? Is the wiki out of date? Where should I be
> > looking for a recipe for feeding SpamAssassin?
> >

> The missing fact is that the IMAP server is on a different machine,
> which has that directory.  As far as I know, the wiki's directions
> for setting up a link to this shared folder are still accurate, but
> perhaps you can help us expand them for a new mail client that no one
> has tried using for this before.

What I did in my client was use the option "Show all folders (subscribed
and unsubscribed)", and then from there I chose "Subscribe" on the ones
I wanted.

Actually, I don't remember now whether I explicitly selected Subscribe
on the Ham/Spam folders, or I just started using them after selecting
to show all folders.

But either way, it has been working for me.

(Also, in addition to setting that thing up, you'll probably want to
tune your ~/.public/.forward file and put an Exim filter specification
in there, which simply discards messages with spam score above certain
level (no benefit from saving obvious spam). The instructions for this
are on the wiki, or you can also look up my ~docelic/.public/.forward).

-doc