[HCoop-Help] Sync'ing mail on my cell phone

John T. Settino john at johnsettino.com
Mon Aug 3 20:11:14 EDT 2009

Ding! That would be me, or, at least one of them doing it. The problem
is my phone pukes out at what was it, 16MB worth in my .Inbox? I still
haven't figured out the number exactly, but I try to keep the size of my
Inbox down so it won't just randomly stop downloading when I'm away from
the PC.

The size of the subfolders was irrelevant. It was only when the Inbox
itself filled up.

Davor Ocelic wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 08:25:49 -0400 (EDT)
> vikas at hcoop.net wrote:
>

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>>    I have a motorola rokr E6 phone (linux-based) that supports
>>    IMAP mails. However, I'm not able to get the phone to connect
>>    to hcoop and download the mails.
>>
>>    Has anybody tried this earlier or have any idea about how to go
>>    about this?
>>

> Someone was doing this successfully IIRC, the only problem was that
> the e-mail client on the phone was not able to download more than
> 14,000 messages that the person had in their inbox.
>
> In any case, IMAP is IMAP, on cellphone or elsewhere, so please see
> if you can give us a more detailed problem description, or maybe
> even a session log from the phone connection.
>
> From your current report, we don't have even a vague idea of which
> step of the process failed.
>
> Cya,
> -doc

*John T. Settino*
Web Developer / Technologist for Hire
http://www.johnsettino.com/

* Please consider the environment before printing this email. :DGC