[HCoop-Help] old emails appear from nowhere

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Mon Jul 14 13:28:19 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:12:44 -0500
"John T. Settino" <nion at nion0.com> wrote:

> Yesterday, my cellphone downloaded over 100 email messages from my
> hcoop account, all dating from the past, and marked them as new. I
> figured it was a bug in the phone's client because email retrieval is
> wonky and unreliable.
>
> However, this morning, I opened up Thunderbird and was greeted with
> 180 new emails. Almost all of these were spam, but there were a few
> non-spam (hcoop mailing list messages, actually). All of them are
> past-dated. The earliest is from May 17, though most are June 17-22.
>
> Did this happen to anyone else?

Recently we've figured parts of mail for some users were saved to
/var/mail/USERNAME instead of their Maildir. (Actually it's unknown
to me whether those were copies of delivered email, or email that
never made it to Maildir).

Mwolson has been looking into what that email there was all about,
I suppose he'll be able to shed a light.

-doc