[HCoop-Discuss] Setting Up Jitsi Meet For the Coop?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sat Feb 13 22:50:48 EST 2021

Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> writes:

> Joseph Yaworski <jyaworski at carotid.us> writes:
>
>> Did this ever get set up?
>
> Hey,
>
> I'd expect us to have a production worth instance (maybe lacking some
> fine tuning with the visual theme and other bits of chrome) to be done
> sometime in the next week, if all goes well I'll have the puppet module
> producing a working config tonight or tomorrow. If I can't get the
> official module to cooperate this weekend, I am going to scrap the idea
> of contributing upstream and just write a very minimal module that only
> suits our purposes.

This ended up taking longer than I expected, but I finally had a
breakthrough last week and got the puppet jitsimeet module to produce
95% of a working config, just have to debug a few more minor things and
we'll be good to go. I think I'll be able to get that done tomorrow
sometime, and expect to have a beta worthy install on its own VPS for
members to use next weekend (Feb 20th/21st). After that, should just be
style tweaks (theming it with the traditional HCoop color scheme, using
our logo, etc.), and tuning the size of the VPS pending member input and
monitoring performance for a bit.