[HCoop-Discuss] Setting Up Jitsi Meet For the Coop?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sat Feb 6 17:21:36 EST 2021

Joseph Yaworski <jyaworski at carotid.us> writes:

> Did this ever get set up?

Hey,

Unfortunately my health problems resulted in me not getting much done
for several months. I have however resumed work: we have a basic testing
instance at meet-test.hcoop.net (unstable, no authentication, will be
broken regularly so it is not for actual use yet). The only thing
blocking the production instance now is that the puppet module was
released before major changes to jitsi meet, and I am trying to reverse
engineer what needs to be updated as it produces a totally broken
setup.

I'd expect us to have a production worth instance (maybe lacking some
fine tuning with the visual theme and other bits of chrome) to be done
sometime in the next week, if all goes well I'll have the puppet module
producing a working config tonight or tomorrow. If I can't get the
official module to cooperate this weekend, I am going to scrap the idea
of contributing upstream and just write a very minimal module that only
suits our purposes.

https://wiki.hcoop.net/ClintonEbadi/JitsiMeet has notes on my standalone
test setup, I've done extensive testing (finding the best set of options
for reliable operation without excessive client side cpu use), and we
basically just need to wrangle the puppet module and deploy
now. Apologies for the extended delay here, I know months have passed
with no updates.