[HCoop-Discuss] Calling All Erlang/Ejabberd Wizards

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Fri Jul 15 13:26:00 EDT 2011

Greetings,

(xposting to -discuss in case anyone only reading that can help)

Following the instructions at:

    http://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html#htoc79

I'm attempting to make a dump of the mnesia db for ejabberd on deleuze
to move to fritz and then remove deleuze from the cluster. Unfortunately
I get a rather delighful error:

Can't store backup in "/tmp/old.backup" at node ejabberd at deleuze: {"Cannot prepare checkpoint (replica not available)",
                                                                   [mod_register_ip,
                                                                    {{1310,
                                                                      750354,
                                                                      528010},
                                                                     ejabberd at deleuze}]}

I tried shutting down ejabberd at fritz and still no dice...

So, any erlang wizards out there have any idea why the checkpoint fails?

deleuze right now is the "master" (it has the mnesia ram_and_disc copies
of the tables) with fritz as a "slave" (ram copies of the ejabberd
table). If I instead made ram_and_disc copies of all tables on fritz
could I just shut deleuze down with no consequences? Mnesia is pretty
foreign to me.

Thanks for any assistance.

--
* jeffcovey becomes too groggy to read the directions and becomes
  the year's first nasal spray overdose fatality.