[HCoop-Discuss] Wiki under attack

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Fri Jul 15 18:06:57 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 05:38:28PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:

> On April 23 to hcoop-discuss, msgid
> 20110423043444.GL28984 at boltzmann.zgib.net, I sent my textcha code.  It
> just says "please enter this number backwards".  At that time, bots
> were also creating user accounts on my wiki.  This textcha has reduced
> spam to basically zero in the year or so since then, so I recommend
> something like this, as it is so easy.

I've done this.

Textchas are simple fill-in-the-blank for the english alphabet.  It
show up both upon editing (logged in or not) and upon user account
creation.

I have also re-enabled global edits from non-logged-in-users.  This is
how it before April.

Let us know if spam still gets through and we can readjust the
questions.

- richard