[HCoop-Discuss] The End?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Fri Nov 20 12:15:07 EST 2009

I am still here but (as i noted to the board and sysadmin list) I am travelling with my old band and have poor connectivity now.

I think things are going fairly well and there is no reason to dissolve HCoop. As I said before I am ok with taking over cat herding responsibilities.

We have the new hardware for Peer1 more or less tacked down. I really just need to email Dell to clarify a few things (mostly whether we can get a machine without drives and install our own without buying hot swap bays separately) and redo the buying list a bit. I don't see why we couldn't have it in place by Dec 1.

It is a bit disappointing that we could not muster enough volunteer support to migrate out of Peer1, but we are not in an intolerable position at Peer1 now. I don't think things like fixing Apache or SpamAssassin were that trivial--debugging the former was difficult, and setting up the latter required reverse engineering our undocumented setup.