[HCoop-Discuss] The End?

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Fri Nov 20 11:26:51 EST 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:57:04 -0500
Richard Darst <rkd at hcoop.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 03:50:10AM -0500, Adam Chlipala wrote:
>
> > A few people have volunteered to take over facilitating
> > decision-making, but no one has followed through.  It's the
> > "herding cats" element that's most critical here.  The crucial
> > contribution that I've tired of making is organizing people to make
> > decisions and get work done in reasonable time frames.  Upon
> > volunteering to do this kind of organization, the volunteer is
> > invariably surprised to see that merely starting a mailing list
> > thread is insufficient to get a decision made.  Where I have always
> > kept pushing on people to make progress, the recent volunteers for
> > this role have just faded away into silence.  This is
> > understandable; it's a
>
> I volunteered to step up, and I started to until the current people
> stepped up again, so I backed down for the time being.  Once there is
> a need (like now, it seems) for someone else to organize people, I can
> start up again.

I encourage you to be active at all times.

You may be busy with non-HCoop things and that's alright, but when you
are able to push on the HCoop front, by all means do.

And do it even if you think someone else is already on the task. Some
redundancy never hurts and we can always consider possible
optimizations of the process.

Thanks,
-doc