[HCoop-Discuss] The End?

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Fri Nov 20 10:57:04 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 03:50:10AM -0500, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> A few people have volunteered to take over facilitating decision-making,
> but no one has followed through.  It's the "herding cats" element that's
> most critical here.  The crucial contribution that I've tired of making
> is organizing people to make decisions and get work done in reasonable
> time frames.  Upon volunteering to do this kind of organization, the
> volunteer is invariably surprised to see that merely starting a mailing
> list thread is insufficient to get a decision made.  Where I have always
> kept pushing on people to make progress, the recent volunteers for this
> role have just faded away into silence.  This is understandable; it's a

I volunteered to step up, and I started to until the current people
stepped up again, so I backed down for the time being.  Once there is
a need (like now, it seems) for someone else to organize people, I can
start up again.

Really, we aren't doing so bad.  We have a plan for upgrading, and
people are empowered to do it (purchases authorized) after the recent
board meeting.  I can prod to ensure that happens, and we are on our
way for now.

- Richard