[HCoop-Discuss] On organizing people to get work done

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun May 10 17:54:26 EDT 2009

John T. Settino wrote:
> There is apparently no need for me to continue to voice my opinions in
> this thread (even though at least one of the 100+ other members agrees
> with me), because apparently I'm just a freeloader here for the
> discounted rate. I didn't know I was obligated to use custom daemons
> and other such things simply because they were /available/ to me.

The situation is more like that HCoop was started by people looking to
take advantage of that possibility.  No one would have put in the time
to get all of our current stuff running just to replicate what hundreds
of shared web hosting providers offer.  With our current group costs and
the way they are calculated, there just isn't clear justification for
letting some members pay less than even shares.  I think we should
definitely make changes that lower our costs, but you are definitely
being subsidized w.r.t. our current set-up.