[HCoop-Discuss] On organizing people to get work done

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu May 7 20:40:14 EDT 2009

David Snider wrote:
> Are you including co-location fees into your hardware costs? We've got
> $750.00 going to peer 1. 1TB traffic at Amazon is roughly $104 for inbound
> and $174 for outbound. So is the rest going to colocation? I'm not exactly
> sure how to break down the costs.

No. That's why I mentioned "space and power costs" separately. I think
neither storage nor bandwidth is a limiting factor in computer system
costs today, and the link you gave was only to an Amazon storage
service, if I understand correctly.

I don't think Peer 1 gives us a breakdown on how our $750/mo. is spent,
but I'm guessing that a share of their high NYC rent is the biggest
cost, or perhaps it comes in 2nd to staff costs.