[HCoop-Discuss] On organizing people to get work done

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu May 7 15:21:45 EDT 2009

David Snider wrote:
> What are people's feelings about buying into a few Virtual Private Servers
> rather than having our own dedicated hardware? You'd think the more
> fine-grained scalability of this type of setup along with not having to
> worry about 'one-time-costs' that we've had in the past would benefit an
> organization like ours.

I see that as a short-term solution only.  In the long run, it will cost
more to use VPSes than our own servers, if we manage to grow the
membership base as I hope we do.  It's been suggested many times that we
offer our own VPS service, and I think that's a great idea, once we get
our staffing and physical hosting situations into shape to implement it.