[HCoop-Discuss] Planning

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Jul 16 16:31:56 EDT 2009

Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
> Would you agree that AFS is (provided that it's done right) a one-time
> effort? So you set it up once and than run it forever?

No.  Any time you want to set up a new long-lived process to work with
it, you need to think about integrating with Kerberos and AFS.  Also,
the "done right" part needs to apply to every such long-lived process.
Individual configuration mistakes can lead to problems later, like we're
seeing now with Apache and dynamic content, despite the fact that an AFS
expert set that up initially.