[HCoop-Discuss] The future of HCoop

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Tue Aug 18 13:17:52 EDT 2009

Franklin Gordon Bynum wrote:
> Our problem now is not so much lack of admin volunteers.  We can throw all kinds of manpower at our setup as it exists now and it will not fix the problem.  What we need now is to swiftly make fundamental changes to our architecture.

At the same time, we shouldn't underestimate the costs of planning
infrastructure changes like this.  I wouldn't mind having a paid
sysadmin who comes up with all the initial plans and just presents them
to the general membership for comment, with most proposals being
accepted more or less intact.  It makes sense to give much more weight
to the proposals of people who are going to be putting in time
implementing them.