[HCoop-Discuss] Deposit/balance policies

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Jan 5 10:25:54 EST 2008

Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> This is logically EXACTLY the same as requiring a refundable deposit of
> three months dues, and booting after three months of negative balances,
> which I had suggested in my original email, and is already encoded in our
> bylaws without any amendment--it's why they were written this way.

Great. :-)  I think it's easier to store the information in the portal
as a single balance that is considered to include the deposit.  To
implement your suggestion, I think all the hacking that would be needed
is a small modification to the low balance reminder script to change how
it calculates the minimum balance for each member and how it describes
why the member is being e-mailed.

P.S.: In the long run, we should switch to requiring every member to set
up automatic recurring billing of some sort, but this other plan can be
helpful in the interim.