[HCoop-Discuss] Deposit/balance policies

S. Taylor staylor at ncf.ca
Sat Jan 5 12:09:22 EST 2008

Low-balance warnings and similar e-mails may not be
received. If I unexpectedly find my site unavailable I go to
the members portal. It shows a balance that seems incorrect.
That's when a link in the sidebar under "Your Account" would
be useful. I can use it to say "there's an error somewhere."

My balance versus my deposit: what I see ($X.XX) is the
strongest message of my status. I would prefer that balance
to exclude my deposit. If I also know that a non-negative
balance means I can leave the co-op and receive that deposit
in full I have another incentive to maintain a positive
balance. Perhaps the portal balance should include a notice
"includes depoist of $X.XX."

During the technical changes at HCoop normal processes
weren't working. That's another reason for a refundable
deposit.

Low balance warnings: From Dec. 20-29 my balance was below
$10; I received no warning e-mail.

Appealing a decision: Current methods are fine; to me they
imply that I can easily contact the board if I disagree; to
me they also imply that as a member I can review the board's
decisions. Are the minutes or board decisions available to
members online? Can a summary of board discussions on #Hcoop
be made available?

Thanks for the link to
http://wiki.hcoop.net/MemberManual/GettingStarted/AccountCreated