[HCoop-Discuss] HCoop requirement to read user at hcoop.net

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 20 19:49:33 EST 2008

Omry Yadan wrote:
> I never said I intend not to read emails.
> all I am saying that I don't see why hcoop need to send me emails to the
> 'wrong' email.

Think of it from admins' perspective. We need to refer to users by their
HCoop usernames all the time. Why should we have to go through an extra
level of look-up to figure out someone's e-mail address, when we already
have a unique ID for everyone? What happens when you change your
preferred address? Do you want us to have to write a script that updates
your hcoop-* subscriptions and does everything else needed to reflect
the change? What if we forget a case? Standard UNIX forwarding works
really well to let us avoid this.