[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic, ntk] Cracking down on negative balances

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 20 19:42:34 EST 2008

John T. Settino wrote:
> I've already been told on other issues that I should leave the
> coop if I don't like the changes being made, but it is not my desire to
> do so. Certain conversations about certain issues, I've received
> care what you think and it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. If
> you don't, leave, we won't care." Makes me feel welcome.

I want to make it clear that he's talking about me. ;-)

I think the particular situations have to do with the fact that John
doesn't want to have to learn basic Linux stuff, learn how to use
Domtool, or both, to make effective use of an HCoop membership.  My
position is that we don't have the resources yet to support members who
aren't willing to do a little reading, and also that we clearly state on
the front page of our main web site that some level of Linux/Internet
expertise is assumed of members.  It's "assumed" and not "required," but
folks shouldn't expect official tech support on questions that your
standard Linux aficionado would be able to answer.  (hcoop-help is a
fine place for such questions, though.)