[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic, ntk] Cracking down on negative balances

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Feb 18 14:27:33 EST 2008

Omry Yadan wrote:
> Booting people with zero balance is fine.
> preventing service from people who have 3 months worth of payments is
> not fine.
> in my opinion, people should be notified when they balance is
> approaching zero (several times, people have a tendency to think "I`ll
> do that later" and then forget about it).
> two weeks before the account reaches zero it should be frozen solid and
> the user should not be able to do anything at all except pay to restore
> his account.
> if one month after the zero date the user have not paid his bill the
> account should be booted and the user data removed from the system.
> the user will be billed in full for that extra month if he choose to pay
> the bills.

Are you suggesting that we amend our bylaws to let us boot people with
zero balances, or do you really think it would work to give people 3
months of owing us money, without any reason to believe that they'll pay
us?  Our bylaws only let the board expel members whose balances have
been negative for 3 months.