[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic, ntk] Cracking down on negative balances

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Feb 18 13:57:27 EST 2008

docelic wrote:
> Does this mean that new members can pay $11 initially, and be able to
> "beta test" HCoop based on this $10 net worth until our next billing cycle
> (that is, until they drop below $10) ?
>
> My point is, I would agree with the changes and procedures, but I first
> want to make sure that people are still fine with paying around $10
> initially, and that this will not unconditionally raise the initial
> fee from 3 to effectively 4 months up-front.

With the current pledge amounts, every member pays at least $5 a month,
which makes the deposit minimum $15.  That leads me to think that we
should require $15 minimum from new members, and perhaps give each new
member a one month grace period of not freezing his account if his
balance goes below $15.