[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Mire back up

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Tue Feb 12 17:43:52 EST 2008

> On 2/12/08, Björn Lindström <bkhl at hcoop.net> wrote:
>> This doesn't sound very convincing from someone who just said they
>> have the skill to help with this work, but prefer to, em, spend their
>> evenings sitting on their hands.
>
> Oh, so now I am expected to volunteer as an admin?? I thought this was
> VOLUNTEER..
> I do appreciate their work, you are just a master of twisting words.
>
> Are we not allowed an opinion here?  I'm just voicing my opinion,
> making suggestions.. Seems the hcoop cheerleaders can't handle it when
> one of their members has an opinion..
>
> Seems the people who have a voice on this list, don't want to listen
> anyways.. What they say is all that matters..

You have the same voice and the same vote as anyone else.  It is
unfortunate that we had the first major outage in a long time two months
after you joined.  However I wonder if you've been part of a cooperative
before, and exactly what your concept of HCoop is.  It exists to serve the
membership as a whole without profit and has been created through the
efforts and contributions of its membership over the past several years.

Why should you expect to be taken especially seriously when you join and
immediately start complaining about how everything is being done without
any offer to help out yourself? This outage affected all the HCoop
members, not just you.  I didn't see you advocating that we DO start
paying people to be on call to fix things.  That's another alternative,
one that the consensus has been that it is premature and would be too
expensive relative to the benefits at this point.

> I will drop the
> subject, and make arrangements to move my site off of hcoop, and once
> that is done, I will quit, and expect a refund for my account balance.

There's no need to throw a fit on the list.  All members are of course
free to leave at any time for any reason by making a bugzilla ticket, and
any remaining balance is refunded at that point.