[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Mire back up

David Crawshaw crawshaw at hcoop.net
Tue Feb 12 13:01:28 EST 2008

> How many servers do we have at hcoop?  Maybe one should be configured
> to act as a back up web or daemon server for when mire goes down for
> what ever reason.  That way instead of impacting the coop members
> ability to have their pages served, it would only impact shell access.

One big difficulty with a second load balanced server is that any
active content needs to be carefully configured so that either
sessions are shared or the load balancer keeps sessions on one
machine. This would be a lot of complexity for each user.

An easy solution would be a Squid cache for static content. Individual
users would just have to make sure that their website is
somewhat-functional with the static cache.

d.