[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Mire back up

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Tue Feb 12 12:49:52 EST 2008

I hate to be a prick about this but,  mire was down 24 hours because
of this?  Maybe we need to come up with a better way of dealing with
mire being down.

I don't know how others feel, but having my site down for 24 hours
because of a config issue, is real annoying.

And before you all start spatting on about how this is all volunteer,
please don't.. That does not matter when people are paying money every
month..  Yeah, so its only $5, but to have the server down 24 hours
because of a simple config issue..  Not good.

How many servers do we have at hcoop?  Maybe one should be configured
to act as a back up web or daemon server for when mire goes down for
what ever reason.  That way instead of impacting the coop members
ability to have their pages served, it would only impact shell access.

-Steve

--
Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu