[HCoop-Discuss] ByLaws change vote - 40 voters total?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Feb 2 11:47:15 EST 2008

Peter Gammie wrote:
> was and am a bit wary about the undemocratic aspects of the new
> bylaws, but - based on a month's membership and some reading of the
> mailing list archives - I hope and believe that there is enough
> goodwill in the HCoop community that abuse won't be an issue any time
> soon.

Which changes are you thinking of?  My impression is that "undemocratic
aspects" have stayed largely the same, with the increase in board size
unequivocally increasing "democracy."  Maybe folks just didn't think to
take the time before to understand our bylaws and notice that the board
really had all the legal decision making power all along