[HCoop-Discuss] negative balances notifications

Lauren McNees lauren at hcoop.net
Tue Apr 1 12:42:24 EDT 2008

> Lauren McNees wrote:
>> I just received my first ever e-mail regarding my HCoop balance,
>> informing
>> me that my balance is negative and that if my account hasn't already
>> been
>> frozen, it will be soon. I thought there were supposed to be
>> notifications
>> when your balance was getting low, before it got close to negative.
>
> I would have thought you would have received one a month ago.  However,
> don't forget that we recently changed our balances policy, such that
> everyone's balance went down suddenly, with a portion changed to being
> considered as a deposit.  I still expect that everyone will receive
> e-mail notice of low balances at least two months before going negative,
> in the long run.

Ok, maybe the notifications got thrown off with the changed balances
policy or something. No biggie. I will let you know if I don't receive a
low balance notification prior to the negative balance notification in the
future.

>> Alternatively, could there be an option
>> to sign up for monthly e-mail reminders of your account balance?
>
> Maybe, but isn't a low balance notification two months ahead of time
> good enough?

Yes I think that a low balance notification is sufficient. I was only
suggesting this as an alternative in case the low balance notifications
didn't exist.

>> Also, I would like to recommend adding a selection for $30 in the google
>> checkout amount selection.
>>

> OK, I'll add this soon.

Thank you!