[HCoop-Discuss] negative balances notifications

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Tue Apr 1 12:34:43 EDT 2008

Lauren McNees wrote:
> I just received my first ever e-mail regarding my HCoop balance, informing
> me that my balance is negative and that if my account hasn't already been
> frozen, it will be soon. I thought there were supposed to be notifications
> when your balance was getting low, before it got close to negative.

I would have thought you would have received one a month ago.  However,
don't forget that we recently changed our balances policy, such that
everyone's balance went down suddenly, with a portion changed to being
considered as a deposit.  I still expect that everyone will receive
e-mail notice of low balances at least two months before going negative,
in the long run.

> Alternatively, could there be an option
> to sign up for monthly e-mail reminders of your account balance?

Maybe, but isn't a low balance notification two months ahead of time
good enough?

> Also, I would like to recommend adding a selection for $30 in the google
> checkout amount selection.

OK, I'll add this soon.