[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

docelic docelic at hcoop.net
Sun Sep 16 20:50:59 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 05:19:36PM -0700, Michael Potter wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 10:53:29AM -0400, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> > I feel like I need to repeat this same general schpiel again:
> > Everything I'm writing has only to do with the co-op's future
> > well-being. If any problems are ironed out already, then I'm
> > satisfied.  For some people, writing what I wrote would be meant as
> > a personal attack. Not so for me; I never use extended figurative
> > language or innuendos on these lists.
> >
> > To justify my seriousness, I can only say that I and several admins
> >have become _extremely_ frustrated trying to coordinate with ntk
> >recently, to the point of ALL-CAPS SHOUTING on IRC and in private
> >e-mail.  I consider a volunteer's communication regime independently
> >of the hats he wears, hence my written doubts about ntk as a board
> >member.  Since we volunteers aren't robots, shared frustration alone
> >is a conclusive sign of a problem.
>
> Although mobs are never at a loss to justify themselves, the mob
> mentality, which is what I felt I was seeing with reference to ntk, is
> not rational proof of anything save a push to oust someone. I think
> ousting someone is rather personal, although it's often done with
> smiles, a calm demeanor and a laundry list of alleged and/or
> exaggerated infractions.

One thing you can be sure of, is that there are no any personal
"mismatches" between board members or admins, and that there are
no hidden background reasons for anything.

Adam Chlipala has his style of communication and this is the same
for everyone.

Nathan did become bored (or annoyed, or pick the word that describes it)
by the seeming lack of progress and the problems he had each time he
visited Peer1. No doubt about that.

And nothing Adam said is without a base in Ntk's own behavior.

But since we're clear that Nathan doesn't want to do it any more, we
need to drop this whole issue and move on.

We need to focus on the good wave we seem to be having lately. There
is enough time till next Board elections for Nathan to show us
whether he only had trouble with Peer1, or he can't keep the overall
level that he used to (and that is, after all, expected from him
and all other Board members).

Regards,
-doc