[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sun Sep 16 20:19:36 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 10:53:29AM -0400, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> I feel like I need to repeat this same general schpiel again:
> Everything I'm writing has only to do with the co-op's future
> well-being. If any problems are ironed out already, then I'm
> satisfied.  For some people, writing what I wrote would be meant as
> a personal attack. Not so for me; I never use extended figurative
> language or innuendos on these lists.
>
> To justify my seriousness, I can only say that I and several admins
>have become _extremely_ frustrated trying to coordinate with ntk
>recently, to the point of ALL-CAPS SHOUTING on IRC and in private
>e-mail.  I consider a volunteer's communication regime independently
>of the hats he wears, hence my written doubts about ntk as a board
>member.  Since we volunteers aren't robots, shared frustration alone
>is a conclusive sign of a problem.

Although mobs are never at a loss to justify themselves, the mob
mentality, which is what I felt I was seeing with reference to ntk, is
not rational proof of anything save a push to oust someone. I think
ousting someone is rather personal, although it's often done with
smiles, a calm demeanor and a laundry list of alleged and/or
exaggerated infractions.

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net