[HCoop-Discuss] Effective spam filter

John T. Settino nion at nion0.com
Tue Nov 6 16:43:11 EST 2007

Hello all,

I am currently using procmail to filter and sort my email, which is
effective. My problem is, I receive a large amount of spam email
(someone somewhere thinks I am not too particularly well-endowed; I
receive hundreds of emails on this subject alone), over hundreds a day.

I am wondering if anyone has come up with an effective way to filter out
duplicate emails (same content and subject from different senders) or a
default filter for "explicit emails". It is a huge pain to sort through
my spam folder to identify the minuscule amount of false-positives that
are put there (oftentimes they are important)... etc... Plus, I'm sure
I'm using a lot more cpu than necessary for all the spamassasin checks, etc.

anyone else been in my situation before?

Thanks,
John

--
John T. Settino