[HCoop-Discuss] Membership pledges

rob at hcoop.net rob at hcoop.net
Tue May 1 18:24:10 EDT 2007

> rob at hcoop.net wrote:
>> I haven't followed the mailing list as regularly as I should, but
>> recently
>> I noticed that the 2 members opted to pledged for is not reflected in my
>> monthly deduction.  Why?
>>

> The pledge system was only intended to be used for charges associated
> with the new servers, since the current charges are low enough that
> everyone is OK with paying an even share.  Thus, no pledge-based charges
> have yet been made.  This will begin whenever we start charging members
> for new-server-related charges, which previous discussion here seems to
> have decided is Real Soon Now.

In my mind the pledge system should also cover things like this -- the
debt related to the new server seems like a new-server-related expense to
me.  Knowing that no pledge related charges have been made as of now, I'd
be willing to contribute up to 5 pledges.  Which I believe is ~$10/m.  It
seems as though the financial issue has been resolved already though.

-Rob