[HCoop-Discuss] Membership pledges

Tanveer Singh tanveer1979 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 01:52:56 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, rob at hcoop.net <rob at hcoop.net> wrote:
> > rob at hcoop.net wrote:
> >> I haven't followed the mailing list as regularly as I should, but
> >> recently
> >> I noticed that the 2 members opted to pledged for is not reflected in my
> >> monthly deduction.  Why?
> >>

> > The pledge system was only intended to be used for charges associated
> > with the new servers, since the current charges are low enough that
> > everyone is OK with paying an even share.  Thus, no pledge-based charges
> > have yet been made.  This will begin whenever we start charging members
> > for new-server-related charges, which previous discussion here seems to
> > have decided is Real Soon Now.
> >

> In my mind the pledge system should also cover things like this -- the
> debt related to the new server seems like a new-server-related expense to
> me.  Knowing that no pledge related charges have been made as of now, I'd
> be willing to contribute up to 5 pledges.  Which I believe is ~$10/m.  It
> seems as though the financial issue has been resolved already though.

I havent made any pledge, but as I said in my earlier mail I would pay
around 20-25$ for 2 consecutive months.
I have uploaded my account with the said money too through paypal, but
i am not sure wether the amount will be deducted since I have not
commited to any pledges on the pledge page.
AFAIK, the pledge system is something like a continuous thing, I was
wondering wether there is some mechanism in place wherein we members
can commit to 1-3 months of short term pledging