[HCoop-Discuss] Reminder: Upcoming board elections and nomination deadline

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Tue Mar 27 10:56:19 EDT 2007

Jeffrey Drake wrote:
> I think it is of paramount importance to know where you think the coop
> is headed. In the position of a board member, you have a lot of
> decision making capacity that would ultimately lead us there.
>
> I understand the importance of completing the transition to Peer 1,
> however we are in a mandated board election period. Voting based on
> past performance is only half a vote in my mind, the other half is
> what you want to do.
>
> If I am mistaken in any way here, please correct me.

Regardless of what may be appropriate, I am about to leave on a trip and
can't write anything like that until after elections have started.  I'll
only suggest that you try to separate your thinking on this from
presidential elections and such.  Look at the rate at which migration
has been progressing and ask yourself if there will really be much time
between when we get the new set-up stable and the next elections.
Alternatively, find the many wiki pages on which I've scrawled various
future plans.