[HCoop-Discuss] Behaviour Change in SpamAssassin?

Michael Olson mwolson at hcoop.net
Fri Jun 15 15:08:39 EDT 2007

Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net> writes:

> What is the likelihood that we could change the behaviour of
> SpamAssassin to not rewrite the messages it reads as spam and instead
> just give us the original messages, but with the proper headers set? I
> was just wondering about this option. I might not have considered the
> whole reason for rewriting the messages, but I was thinking that it
> might make some things easier, while not making it any harder to
> filter out spam.
>
> What was the original reason for doing it this way with SpamAssassin?

If you're talking about the "Spam detection software, running on the
system [foo], has identified this incoming email as possible spam"
message, I'm not very fond of that either.  It can (and probably should)
be changed site-wide by adding "report_safe 0" to the configuration.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |