[HCoop-Discuss] Spam Assassin Problems

John T. Settino nion at nion0.com
Tue Jun 12 19:33:10 EDT 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 7:22 pm, Michael Potter wrote:
> I´ve seen a few more spam messages than usual, but it´s better here
> than I´ve experienced at other sites. I don´t think I´ve ever gotten
> hundreds of messages a day, but I have seen an amplification effect
> when a dozen or more email addresses all point to a single
> account. That wouldn´t have much to do with spamd, though.

I've been using my email address for a number of years and it is posted
places for contact info, etc. So that, plus harvesters and companies
selling my info, I literally get hundreds a day. I've filtered out
everything spam related that's not addressed to my main nion account
already.

> I think the hcoop admins do care. When things hit the fan, admins tend
> to vanish and buckle down to work on the trouble. They can either talk
> to us or work on the systems.

I can understand as much but at least a, "we'll look into it and let you
know" message would be appreciated. Otherwise, it gives the impression
that it's going ignored.

> If you are still forwarding to deleuze, it might be a good idea to
> turn that off. Otherwise there will be bounce messages flying
> everywhere.
I haven't been using deleuze yet aside from the portal. I'm waiting
until everything is confirmed to be working properly before I switch
everything over. I'm not as concerned about my websites as I am my
email. Hcoop is my primary mail provider and it's critical to avoid
downtime.
John T. Settino
Host: www.visfx.net
Design: www.sirensounddesign.com