[HCoop-Discuss] Spam Assassin Problems

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 12 18:56:40 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:33:00PM -0400, John T. Settino wrote:
> I'm not sure about our other users, but regardless of "faster
> hardware",  my inbox is still being flooded with hundreds of junk emails
> a day. I'm sure I've already lost some important ones in the fray.

I´ve seen a few more spam messages than usual, but it´s better here
than I´ve experienced at other sites. I don´t think I´ve ever gotten
hundreds of messages a day, but I have seen an amplification effect
when a dozen or more email addresses all point to a single
account. That wouldn´t have much to do with spamd, though.

> it seems that spam assasin isn't a serious enough issue as I haven't
> heard anything about it on this list from any of our admins.
>
> - JS
> John T. Settino

I think the hcoop admins do care. When things hit the fan, admins tend
to vanish and buckle down to work on the trouble. They can either talk
to us or work on the systems.

If you are still forwarding to deleuze, it might be a good idea to
turn that off. Otherwise there will be bounce messages flying
everywhere.

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net