[HCoop-Discuss] Membership freeze?

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sat Jun 2 18:47:54 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:21:18AM -0400, Terrence Brannon wrote:
> I thought board members only mattered for minor day-to-day decisions.
> Cutting into our bottom line is a major decision. You are jeopardizing
> our money flow for an indeterminate length of time.

"Bottom line" is really more important in for-profits, and Hcoop is a
nonprofit. I think we'll have the money to keep going with a member
freeze.

> migration is one thing. software improvement is another. you are
> trying to do both simultaneously and cutting into our bottom line in
> the process.
>
> we are not held up by migration. We are held up by your attempt to
> create improved software.
>
> Why do you call us members? Peons, pawns, subjects, or serfs is the
> extent of our power here :)

I disagree, I think we are being held up by migration. I've had to
migrate a server with about 100 active users, and it's harder than it
looks.

I wouldn't say we're pawns, although a co-op has to walk a delicate
balance between member control and regular leadership. We might need a
better definition of just what that balance means for us.

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net