[HCoop-Discuss] Membership freeze?

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sat Jun 2 17:24:22 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:14:44AM -0400, Terrence Brannon wrote:
> From what I can see, this migration is different from that one. We are
> changing file systems. We have more users with possibly more issues to
> deal with. No one wrote to the list begging for money for their failed
> efforts.
> And from a managerial perspective, this new migration is taking much
> longer and has backfired on itself many more times.
>
> So you argument about things going well with a small migration with a
> few people to a similar setup are moot in light of the current
> project. It's comparing apples to oranges.

My point was that IF there were a few prospective members who would
not join Hcoop because of the freeze, perhaps we could offer them an
account on the new system with no service guarantee if it didn't make
the admins lives harder. But are there any such people waiting? If
not, the freeze is by far the simplest tactic.

FWIW, I was waiting to become a member during the last freeze, and it
didn't dissuade me from joining.

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net