[HCoop-Discuss] a dns problem

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 19 21:36:44 EST 2007

Dmitry Sustretov wrote:
> I am trying to reconfigure my domain name shenme.de to use the new
> nameservers ns1 and ns3.hcoop.net. My registrar refuses to do this
> because both nameservers are on the same subnet 69.90.123.0/24, saying
> that DENIC would not accept such a configuration of domain name. It
> also refuses to register only one nameserver (say, ns1).
>
> Is it possible to relocate ns3 to another address in a different
> subnet? If not, what can I do to keep my website running after
> migration is over?

Your Bugzilla bug about this is still in the pipeline.  I don't think it
helps much to post it again here.  None of us are able to work on HCoop
full-time, and changes like those needed to handle your (extremely
reasonable) request tend to happen in bursts over weekends.  We should
have a solution set in motion by the end of this coming weekend, though
I don't like to promise such things.