[HCoop-Discuss] a dns problem

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 19 12:54:47 EST 2007

"Dmitry Sustretov" <dmitry.sustretov at gmail.com> writes:
> Is it possible to relocate ns3 to another address in a different
> subnet? If not, what can I do to keep my website running after
> migration is over?

Hi Dmitry.  I feel your pain.  The policy that your registrar enforces
is an extremely important precaution that all member domains ought to
take (even if they are not forced to do so).

At the moment, all of the machines managed by hcoop are all on a
single subnet (with the exception of fyodor, which will soon be
terminated).  So, some sort of high-level executive decision needs to
be made by the hcoop board on how to obtain DNS services from some
machine at another site.

I have offered to have megacz.com act as a backup server for any
member domains which continue to use tinydns.  Unfortunately, however,
domtool2 eliminated support for tinydns, so it looks like that won't
be an option unless something changes.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380