[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 30 14:37:48 EDT 2007

I think that Hcoop is bound to run into conflicts like this as it
grows. It's a fact that people in a group will not always want the
same thing. There are at least two factions in the Hcoop population
right now, maybe three or more:

1. Those who want a co-op with rapid expansion, paid staff somewhere
   down the line and lots of available resources.

2. People who want a relatively stable co-op that grows more slowly
   and has moderate or low system resources, and volunteer admins.

3. Pragmatic folks who want more bang for their buck, but who don't
   care about the co-op aspect.

Rather than have a zero-sum battle where the losers will be driven out
or silenced and which could possibly cause Hcoop to collapse, maybe we
could plan to peacefully divide along 'party lines' now? This could be
either a 'tiered service' approach within Hcoop or it could create an
entirely new entity.

I'm in #2 above. I'd like to know how many groups we have and what
percentage of the members each represents. Some are probably AWOL, and
that number would be helpful to know, too. Why don't we poll it?

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net