[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Sat Apr 28 19:04:35 EDT 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:26:25 -0500, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:

> I want to pose one distinction that matters if members are paying
> unequal costs, say, for different disk usage amounts.  Do we add a
> percentage to the co-op's total costs and then divide that up (not
> including member resource usage costs), or do we add a mark-up onto each
> member's monthly bill (including costs peculiar to each member)?

I personally think that the current scaled payment option is good, and
that we should merely tack on the additional fee before dividing the
charges according to the scaled pledge system. If any member causes a
disruption of service, through excessive use of the system, then I think
it is reasonable to have a mandatory bumping of that user's pledge when
the excessive resource use has been documented and provided to the members
at large for the purpose of ensuring that things remain honest.

--
Aaron Hsu <arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net>
http://www.aaronhsu.com | XMPP/Gtalk: arcfide at xmpp.us
(703) 597-7656 | "No one could make a greater mistake than he who did
nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke