[HCoop-Discuss] Change of Registered Agent

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 14 15:55:54 EDT 2007

As always, it seems like government bureaucracies seem to find ways to
clog up the processing of even the simplest transactions.  The
Department of State returned my filing with the asinine complaint that
"Check does not contain a commercially printed name & address," a
requirement not mentioned in the filing instructions.  I had left my
address off my latest batch of printed checks because I knew I was
moving.  I've paid filings for PA before with checks with long-outdated
addresses that did not match the return address of the filing, and they
didn't seem to mind.

Anyway, I'll be resending it with a postal money order, as the form
letter helpfully suggested.

In other news, PA has revamped its corporations database slightly
offering more helpful information, and Guidestar (www.guidestar.org) has
picked up on our existence.  I updated our profile with Guidestar in the
unlikely event that someone finds out about us through that site.

-Nathan