[HCoop-Discuss] My election platform

Tanveer Singh tanveer1979 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 09:53:39 EDT 2007

On 4/7/07, Davor Ocelic <docelic at hcoop.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:54:39PM -0700, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> > I feel personally hurt by notions like those that "environmental policy"
> > is more important in this election than records of handling the real
> > issues that show up in keeping the co-op from collapsing.
>
> That is true. Speaking of the important things, some of the members
> might have overlooked the fact that the Peer1 colocation (the new
> HCoop infrastructure) is financed by large extra inflow of funds that
> came from Adam. And that he came up with a plan how to have that
> money back without raising costs for members who don't think they
> should be paying for "the setup time".
>
> It's also worth pointing out that Adam is the single HCoop member
> with the biggest pledge ( https://members.hcoop.net/portal/pledge ).
> Without the favorable outcome of pledges, the next round of expansion
> wouldn't have been possible at all. Speaking of which, I would like
> to acknowledge Justin Leitgeb, Ray Racine and Shaun Empie for their
> valuable contributions, which were the other key point
> ( http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/NewSystemHardware ).
>
> Compared to that (or even not), the Environmental Policy issues are of
> minor importance. I do find the environmental policy idea interesting
> and personally support it; I believe we will officially accept it at
> some point. But I hope all its supporters would realize that the policy's
> effect on us would, for all practical purposes, only be in terms of
> "feel good".
>
> > I've also proposed and supervised every major change in the co-op since
> > before it was even a co-op.
>
> I would like to add that 'proposing and supervising' was just the
> visual part of it - crucial was the underlying common sense
> combined with management and technical skills.
>
> I can testify that Adam's initiative has always been taking our HCoop
> further, step by step. And, of course, his ability to carry out things
> by himself only added to his great personal credibility.
Guys as a long term member of hcoop, what matters to me more is stuff
like uptime and monthly cost. Surely other things are their but they
are not so much in the priority as the others.
Once we have all stuff running and fine, then importance can be given
to other things like environmental policy etc.,